Subletting questions

Started by umx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

umx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've never sublet my apartment before so I'm sorry if these are obvious or basic questions... I'm trying to sublet my apartment during December as I'll be away for most of the month. Since December is a prime interviewing month for US students, all of my potential subtenants are international students coming to my town to do away rotations. I am worried that if the subtenant is awful and leaves a mess/damage behind, I won't have recourse since they'll be leaving the country as soon as I get back. Does anyone have experience with this sort of setup? Any tips/pointers/advice? Thanks!