Suggestion for smartphone apps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Some of my patients are using apps

  • Yes

    Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

    Votes: 1 25.0%

  • Total voters
    4

Monkey House

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently a few of my patients have begun to talk about smartphone apps. I am not sure where they are finding these apps, but mood trackers, mindfulness apps, and medication apps seem to be on the rise for a subset of patients. Has anyone else noticed patients finding this stuff and are there are of these apps that have seemed useful or ok?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a bunch I rec for mindfulness and relaxation scripts:

Buddhify
Calm
Stress Doctor
Headspace
The Mindfulness App

I used to spend a lot of time coaching people on belly breathing and Body Scan, but lately I have just been giving them this list of apps and telling them to find one they like and use it regularly. I think a lot of people appreciate the support of the app. It may be easier to rely on an externally provided script versus having to pull the Belly Breathing out of your pocket when you are already on the verge of a panic attack.

Not quite the same thing but lots of people have brought in sleep journaling data from their Fitbits, which is helpful for doing basic sleep hygiene and CBTi.