Super and Digital Series Lenses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mgambolini

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Starting residency and I'm looking for lens advice. Does anyone use the Super and Digital Series or the Digital BIOS Volk lenses? I'm interested in some opinions. Has anyone purchased them with regrets?

I know with any new lens there is a bit of a learning curve and I'm wondering if I use these from the get go if they offer a true advantage? Or is it just a gimmick? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
 
Starting residency and I'm looking for lens advice. Does anyone use the Super and Digital Series or the Digital BIOS Volk lenses? I'm interested in some opinions. Has anyone purchased them with regrets?

I know with any new lens there is a bit of a learning curve and I'm wondering if I use these from the get go if they offer a true advantage? Or is it just a gimmick? Any thoughts would be appreciated.


They are fine. The "digital" refers to digital photography with cameras that use infrared light beams for autofocusing. Supposedly the coatings on the lens is fomulated so not to interfere wih those lamps. I own a Digital Wide Angle lens and it is nice.

I would also look at the Ocular Instruments lenses. They are made well and are competitvely priced.