Supplemental Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PolymeraseIII

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright, so I have a question about a supplemental application. I may be over-thinking it, but I just want a second opinion. One of the schools I applied to sent an e-mail saying to go ahead and fill out a supplemental. They want me to print it off though, and then mail it in. Is it unprofessional to fold it and mail it in a regular envelope? Or should I not fold it and put it into a bigger one then send it? Or again, does it not matter and I'm just over-thinking it?
 
Alright, so I have a question about a supplemental application. I may be over-thinking it, but I just want a second opinion. One of the schools I applied to sent an e-mail saying to go ahead and fill out a supplemental. They want me to print it off though, and then mail it in. Is it unprofessional to fold it and mail it in a regular envelope? Or should I not fold it and put it into a bigger one then send it? Or again, does it not matter and I'm just over-thinking it?

You are over thinking them! They don't compare you to other applicants just because your paper is folded..lol that's very shady. 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In a supplemental essay, is it okay to abbreviate the school's name when you mention them, once you have written out the full name once? Or is that too unprofessional?
 
I think its fine. I did that for my essay.

ex: bleh bleh bleh University of California, San Diego [UCSD] bleh bleh
bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh UCSD bleh bleh bleh
 
I would put it in a big envelope it looks more professional than to fold it like a letter. Remember you are still competing/impressing so any extra's count.