India and South Asia Surgeon With Certificate of Residency but NO Board Certification

Started by Vallentino
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Vallentino

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I am Indonesia graduated doctor, I have plan to apply residency in Phillippines. So far the regulation for foreign medical graduated is no allowance to follow the board certification by the phillippines college of specialty (in my case, surgery) and the foreign trainee only get "certificate of residency".

My question is, since I do not have plan to go back to Indonesia:

1. Can I follow any fellowship after residency with the certificate of residency?
2. Does this certificate are acceptable or recognize in Australia, Canada or American medical system?

I want to make a good decision before going to the residency, so I hope someone can explain it to me.

Thank you.
 
It won't be recognized in Canada or the US for sure. Canada and the US only recognize Canadian or American residency training.

They won't even recognize UK, Australia training.
 
Thank you for your reply Medstart108.

I hope there are any solution for this certificate of residency thing.

Thanks anyway.