Surgery Shelf Question

Started by JP2740
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JP2740

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know there's a thread with specific recommendations, but I was hoping for some advice specific to where I'm at right now.

I have 4 weeks left. I have been through NMS casebook, pestana's surgery notes (the little handheld book 125 pgs), pestana audio. I will likely be done with Uworld's questions soon.

Am I on a good pace right now? Any recommendations going forward? Should I do pretest, internal medicine questions, or just repeat the above or anything else? Mainly asking if I should add pretest and/or IM stuff.
 
I would say you're on a great pace and can repeat the above, with the possible addition of case files if you like the series, as it again focuses on the highest yield scenarios. Do UW a second time for sure regardless.
 
If you've had IM already, then you're right on track.

If you haven't, then considering adding a little bit here and there (mainly GI/electrolytes/fluids sections) from Step Up.