Switching programs

Started by nyc123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nyc123

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

Can anyone offer me any advice for my situation? I matched at MGH form anesthesia starting 7/05. However, due to unforseen circumstances related to my family, I would GREATLY prefer to remain in NYC (where I'm from). Do you know of any past incidence or the possibility of switching programs? If so how do I go about it? You think a "body switch" with another resident may work? Please offer any advice. Much thanks

-NYC
 
Might work but depends on the timing. We did that with a Colorado resident that wanted to come here and one of our residents who needed to go home to Colorado to be home with family.