switching pt school

Started by pt1102
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pt1102

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if it is possible to switch PT schools after the first year? I am now applying to school in New York but may have to move out of state after a year and want to know if schools with accept transfer students due to personal circumstances. Has anyone had experience with this?
 
I do not have personal experience with this issue but my answer would be 99.9% of the time no you cannot switch PT schools. I have seen the question come up on websites and at school interviews and I have never heard of a school allowing transferring PT students. I would suggest trying to apply to a school where you would be able to stay for 3 years.

Does anyone know if it is possible to switch PT schools after the first year? I am now applying to school in New York but may have to move out of state after a year and want to know if schools with accept transfer students due to personal circumstances. Has anyone had experience with this?