Swotting and PDAs? :)

Started by leorl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

leorl

Full Member
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think getting a PDA / Palm Pilot will be helpful in going abroad? While countries may not rely as heavily on technology as useful, since the PDAs can carry things like epocrates and other USMLE study software, do you think it'd be useful? Especially for people doing graduate entry where we may be starting off seeing patients from the beginning, having skipped a year or two of pre-clinical stuff?

Also, would it be helpful to start reviewing stuff like gross anatomy, etc. before school starts? I guess it'd be helpful anywhere you go, but for international schools...is that being a little excessive?
 
PDA's weren't that popular in England a year ago, but things may have changed. I wish I had one, though. I looked at them in England, and they were cheaper here.