Tablet PC for Iowa Students

Started by twh11
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

twh11

ISU CVM Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received the e-mail for ordering the tablet PC required for Iowa State. I was wondering what extras are people thinking of adding. I don't know a lot about what the extras are and so I was wondering what people recommended adding from our list.
 
I hadn't gotten the email.

I think I'm going to get the extra RAM & memory, debating on the DVD/RW drive. I figure you can never go wrong with having too much memory, and that way it's undr warranty. As for the DVDs, I really only use these to back up my data.... hmm. I can't decide on that. Definitely not getting the dock or the monitor, I have a desktop for home use. You can get a little laptop stand instead if you want to use it at home and have the screen elevated.

what are you getting?
 
As for the DVDs, I really only use these to back up my data.... hmm. I can't decide on that.

ack, get an external harddrive!! i got mine on sale at bestbuy for 40 bucks...it has 60 gigs and all i have to do to back up my data is press a button...none of that burning a DVD tomfoolery. DVDs scratch and blah. so much easier to get an external.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad