Step I Tackling Neuro and Psych and integrating with FA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Transformers

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok well ALL i have left for M2 is neuro and psych/behavioral essentially and well I wanna devote the majority of my time to reviewing old stuff while just marginally passing by in classes...

1.) Point being, is FA enough for neuro and psych/behavioral science for classes to pass?

2.) Is FA alone enough for Step 1 for passing neuro and psych/behavioral sciences?

3.) If FA was indeed enough for step 1 but not for class, an alternative plan I had was to use both BRS behavioral and and BRS neuroanatomy for coursework just to pass and maybe just stick with FA for boards assuming its enough. My mindsets pretty much on reviewing old stuff and condensing my workload into a finite number of resources.

Thanks
 
Ok well ALL i have left for M2 is neuro and psych/behavioral essentially and well I wanna devote the majority of my time to reviewing old stuff while just marginally passing by in classes...

1.) Point being, is FA enough for neuro and psych/behavioral science for classes to pass?

2.) Is FA alone enough for Step 1 for passing neuro and psych/behavioral sciences?

3.) If FA was indeed enough for step 1 but not for class, an alternative plan I had was to use both BRS behavioral and and BRS neuroanatomy for coursework just to pass and maybe just stick with FA for boards assuming its enough. My mindsets pretty much on reviewing old stuff and condensing my workload into a finite number of resources.

Thanks

1) For what is going to help you pass classes, that really depends on your specific school. No one here can answer that.

2) In terms of the USMLE, FA is not nearly enough. BRS behavioral is a good text. It'll augment your external knowledge but won't really get you additional questions correct. I never used BRS neuroanatomy (I used HY neuroanatomy).

3) If you focus on knowing FA cover-to-cover and doing as many practice questions as you can, you're going to do very well on the medical licensing exam.
 
Sounds good....is this a reasonably plan for school then using the Neuroanatomy through clinical cases with blumenfield and the HY neuroanatomy...that way i can hammer HY neuroanatomy with classes one pass and blumenfeld as well for learning