Tail coverage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Phantom Spike

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I performed a search on the forums and didn't find a thread that dealt with this in much detail, so I'm starting a new one.

This question is mainly directed towards neurologists in private practice and recent residency/fellowship graduates who are job-hunting right now: do most groups/employers pay the tail coverage with malpractice insurance? If they don't, should you reconsider joining them? And how much does the tail insurance generally come out to be for a neurologist who has been in private practice for a year or so?

Thanks in advance!
 
I'm going to move this thread to the General Residencies forum, since it really applies to all specialties and it will probably get more replies there; hope that's okay (would have closed this one if I could).