This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edgydoc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Americorp is pretty well looked upon. And from everyone I have heard that has done it, they did not regret it at all. However, I think you may be overdoing it with that schedule. If you really want to do the americorp position, I would look at your current hours for everything, and see what could be cut to make room (for ex, if you have 1k hrs of scribing, maybe you could give it up in place of Americorp?). It would also very much count as non clinical!

You could always make a weekly calendar, and block out time for each event to see what a typical week would look like in that schedule! Ultimately you know your own boundaries and limits, and seeing a visual representation may help make that decision!

Reactions: 1 users
Only you know how much you can handle, but if you have to ask, it seems like it might be too much. You should always prioritize your grades since it's one of the most important stats and it's much easier to make up hours later.

Reactions: 2 users