Tax help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilNewbie

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay, say I did some PAID research during medical school in the department that I am actually going to be a resident in this coming July. However the research was done during my second year of medical school so I can't use 2004 charges as tax deductions. That would also mean, that I am not "really" starting a new job, right? Does that mean that all my expenses for interviews are going to be deductible? I didn't keep any of the receipts BUT I do have credit card charges on my statements, can I use these? What about prepaid charges in 2004 for travel in 2005, can I use these for the upcoming 2005 tax deductions (again, I didn't keep any receipts but are on my credit card statements). ONE more thing, if I paid all my interests before I graduate and then consolidate my loans. Will my interests still be captialized if I go through private consolidators?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.