This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1015759

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Functional MRI is primarily a research tool currently. There are all sorts of private companies working on mental health apps of varying form and legitimacy. Telepsych and TMS are two emerging technologies of clinical utility in psychiatry right now but, as a tech geek myself, those things don't interest me in that particular regard.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think if you're technically inclined you can potentially become a CEO, CTO for a company that can provide mental health for the tech inclined.
Think of an app or something that has access to psychiatrists, something similar to the ads you are seeing for hims or roman but instead of ED it would be MH.

I think if you're technically inclined you can potentially become a CEO, CTO for a company that can provide mental health for the tech inclined.
Think of an app or something that has access to psychiatrists, something similar to the ads you are seeing for hims or roman but instead of ED it would be MH.
I'm the Chief Medical Officer for a startup like this (OOTify), and this is going to be a big growth area moving into the new decade. IMHO.

I'm the Chief Medical Officer for a startup like this (OOTify), and this is going to be a big growth area moving into the new decade. IMHO.
Nice! If you need psychiatrists to help out in the alpha or beta releases let me know! I'm totally down for this.

Reactions: 1 user
I suspect that neuroimaging and neuroimaging-based techniques will be more prevalent in the practice of psychiatry in the future (particularly with respect to interventional treatments), but currently it is not a significant part of routine, clinical practice.

I would say that neuroimaging has more direct diagnostic use in neurology than in psychiatry. In psychiatry, neuroimaging in routine clinical care is primarily used to ensure that psychiatric symptoms are not caused by another organic illness rather than to make a diagnosis. You aren't doing to be making a diagnosis of depression or schizophrenia with neuroimaging techniques. You might, on the other hand, diagnose any variety of neurological conditions with neuroimaging techniques.

Reactions: 1 user