deleted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted206436

deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed that quite a few people have a set template for their writing samples, and when they see a prompt they can just analyze it, then plug straight into the template.

I'm just wondering what if someone writes 2 essays with identical format on the MCAT. would the graders find out? or is it that 1 essay is marked by human, the other by computer, so it doesnt matter?

Thanks!

They're definitely graded by humans but if your concern is that they're going to see the same essay that you wrote for both prompts, then you might have to create several template. Some people memorize up to 8 essay templates

I thought each writing sample is graded by 2 DIFFERENT graders (Graders A and B grade Essay 1, Graders C and D grade Essay 2) and then the scores are combined. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I dont know if this is true, but I've read from multiple places that there will be a computer grader. (from AAMC website, kaplan, and friends)

Here's another source confirming that
http://www.princetonreview.com/medical/mcat-scoring.aspx?uidbadge=

"The two essays are scored on a J-T scale by one human and one computer grader. "
From this, I think it will be OK if someone's two essays are identical in format?

Feel free to correct me :D

I think this is only for how the Princeton Review grades your essay. The actual MCAT probably uses two live humans. I think this is what the MCAT people wrote on their website. I;d trust them over the Princeton website.

I read somewhere in Kaplan materials the same statement as listed above from TPR - one human grader, one computer grader. I think the AAMC might have put this up somewhere, but to my knowledge it will be a change administered later/upcoming (for the new CBT).

Status
Not open for further replies.