Thank-you Letters

Started by Topher06
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Topher06

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the routine for interview thank-you letters? Typed vs. handwritten, all interviewers vs. program director, etc.
 
I have been sending hand-written notecards to all interviewers (if I liked the program) or to the chairman only (if I wasn't too hot on the program. However, I have exceptional handwriting--take that into account when making a decision.
 
Iserson's book Getting into a Residency suggests typed letters with a handwritten note at the bottom. They reccomend sending them to the program director and chairman, with additional copies to the other interviewers.
As my handwriting and spelling are terrible, I've decided to type them and scrawl something short at the bottom.


Hope it helps