The Pharm path!! help!

Started by JRIN
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JRIN

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im in my second year at a community college and hoping to get my AA by spring. I want to do pharmacy , so what do I do next? I dont want to waste my money taking the long cut and having classes I dont need...Thank you
 
You left a lot of unanswered questions... what is your AA in... have you taken all the pre-reqs? Basically, if you have all the pre-reqs by the summer, sign up for the PCAT, take it in jan or june, and then start applying in july. Oh, and have the LORs - get pharm experience if you dont have any... thats all i can think of at the moment.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you all....OUCH! no schools in the Riverside , CA area =[
 
Seriously.....no - no pharmacy school near San Bernardino - the next closest will be UCSD - another good school. A bit farther north is USC - I hate to admit it, that's also a good school. Frankly...you can't go wrong in any of the schools in CA, so jump in & grab the opportunity to go anywhere (if you can financially)!

How about out of state? There's lots of good schools all over the country. I know it seems a bit scary to go away from home & we know its expensive...so...look into how much they cost, what the cost of living there is, how much it would cost you to travel, etc....

Good luck!