those who had an acceptance from pitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beom75

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello. everyone.
I am waiting to hear from pitt. I had an interview on 1/09/06.
I need to ask something to those who had an acceptance from pitt.
how did pitt tell you guys an acceptace ?
Email, AADSAS update or phone call ?

Members don't see this ad.

pitt has 2 adcom meetings, one for fall and one for spring. they called me dec. 2nd but had updated AADSAS earlier with "offer made." as soon as they start giving out acceptances for spring interviews, you'll know because people will post on here. it should be soon because i think they finished interviews up earlier this week. good luck.

I'm waiting too. I interviewed on Jan 9th. I hope I get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
PickMe said:
pitt has 2 adcom meetings, one for fall and one for spring. they called me dec. 2nd but had updated AADSAS earlier with "offer made." as soon as they start giving out acceptances for spring interviews, you'll know because people will post on here. it should be soon because i think they finished interviews up earlier this week. good luck.

thank you so much~~~

NA4242 said:
I'm waiting too. I interviewed on Jan 9th. I hope I get in.

Do you know when they start sending acceptace mail ?

Good Luck...

I read somewhere on SDN that ADCOM is meeting on Monday, and they will start calling people on Tuesday. Good Luck :thumbup:

beom75 said:
hello. everyone.
I am waiting to hear from pitt. I had an interview on 1/09/06.
I need to ask something to those who had an acceptance from pitt.
how did pitt tell you guys an acceptace ?
Email, AADSAS update or phone call ?

Ms. Mangold called me to let me know I was accepted. Then AADSAS was updated online and later I received a package in the mail requesting a deposit.

Hope that helps!
Jen

beom75 said:
Do you know when they start sending acceptace mail ?

Good Luck...

they mail acceptance letters the day they make phone calls.

So for those who interviewed at Pitt after Dec 1 has any one else had their AADSAS status change from invited to interview back to under review?

Gargamel said:
So for those who interviewed at Pitt after Dec 1 has any one else had their AADSAS status change from invited to interview back to under review?

My status never said "invited to interview". It went from nothing to "received/under review"

Gargamel said:

my status has been changed from invited to interview back to under review on 1/19/06.

I had an interview on 1/9/06

I think that it is not bad sign.

Don't worry too much. Pitts accepted almost 50% of their interviewees last year.

What makes you think that you have a 70% chance at Pitt? Did your interviewer tell you anything? I am just wondering :)

I got a thank you note reply from by interviewer and I am hoping that is not a bad sign. Pitt is my top choice.

Looks like Thursday/Friday will be the decission Day

If you don't mind me asking, why did you pick Pitt over UCSF? I applied to both and interviewed at Pitt but not UCSF. I really liked Pitt, but I also had high hopes for getting an interview at UCSF. I'd be interested in hearing how the two compare from someone who's been to both.

shinji said:
I got a thank you note reply from by interviewer and I am hoping that is not a bad sign. Pitt is my top choice.