those who had an acceptance from pitt

Started by beom75
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

beom75

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello. everyone.
I am waiting to hear from pitt. I had an interview on 1/09/06.
I need to ask something to those who had an acceptance from pitt.
how did pitt tell you guys an acceptace ?
Email, AADSAS update or phone call ?
 
pitt has 2 adcom meetings, one for fall and one for spring. they called me dec. 2nd but had updated AADSAS earlier with "offer made." as soon as they start giving out acceptances for spring interviews, you'll know because people will post on here. it should be soon because i think they finished interviews up earlier this week. good luck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PickMe said:
pitt has 2 adcom meetings, one for fall and one for spring. they called me dec. 2nd but had updated AADSAS earlier with "offer made." as soon as they start giving out acceptances for spring interviews, you'll know because people will post on here. it should be soon because i think they finished interviews up earlier this week. good luck.

thank you so much~~~
 
NA4242 said:
I'm waiting too. I interviewed on Jan 9th. I hope I get in.

Do you know when they start sending acceptace mail ?

Good Luck...
 
I read somewhere on SDN that ADCOM is meeting on Monday, and they will start calling people on Tuesday. Good Luck 👍
 
beom75 said:
hello. everyone.
I am waiting to hear from pitt. I had an interview on 1/09/06.
I need to ask something to those who had an acceptance from pitt.
how did pitt tell you guys an acceptace ?
Email, AADSAS update or phone call ?

Ms. Mangold called me to let me know I was accepted. Then AADSAS was updated online and later I received a package in the mail requesting a deposit.

Hope that helps!
Jen
 
beom75 said:
Do you know when they start sending acceptace mail ?

Good Luck...

they mail acceptance letters the day they make phone calls.
 
So for those who interviewed at Pitt after Dec 1 has any one else had their AADSAS status change from invited to interview back to under review?
 
Gargamel said:
So for those who interviewed at Pitt after Dec 1 has any one else had their AADSAS status change from invited to interview back to under review?

my status has been changed from invited to interview back to under review on 1/19/06.

I had an interview on 1/9/06

I think that it is not bad sign.
 
What makes you think that you have a 70% chance at Pitt? Did your interviewer tell you anything? I am just wondering 🙂
 
I got a thank you note reply from by interviewer and I am hoping that is not a bad sign. Pitt is my top choice.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you don't mind me asking, why did you pick Pitt over UCSF? I applied to both and interviewed at Pitt but not UCSF. I really liked Pitt, but I also had high hopes for getting an interview at UCSF. I'd be interested in hearing how the two compare from someone who's been to both.

shinji said:
I got a thank you note reply from by interviewer and I am hoping that is not a bad sign. Pitt is my top choice.