Step I Thoughts on Step 1 Schedule Plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Shammyguy3

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current M2, consistently scoring above average on exams, so top 50% of class if that matters. I've matured over 80% of Anki already. I've answered about one third of USMLERx questions (75% correct) and almost half of Amboss questions (68% correct). So between those two sources I have about 3,000 practice questions I want to get through before starting UWORLD. My STEP1 date is early May.

My current pace so I don't burn out is as follows:
Anking new cards per day = 50
Amboss or Rx questions per day = 40 per day

At that pace, I'll have completed two question banks + all of anking with 9 weeks to go until my test date. With the 9 weeks, I'm not sure exactly how to tackle that. I'll keep up with myr reviews for Anking which will be pretty minimal at that point. Do I essentially just divide up the UWORLD questions and do X number of them per weekday (would turn out to be , and leave weekends for practice tests? If i do that, i'll be doing ~75 Uworld questions each weekday for the 9 weeks, and then have weekends for practice tests. Does that sound feasible?

My ultimate goal is FM, so I don't need a 250+ or anything but i'm shooting for at least a 230 (figured that's a good floor since i've been above my class's average on professor and NBME exams) and target is 240. Thoughts?