Time 'til first neuro interview invitation?

Started by medsRus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medsRus

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
By when should I get my first neurology interview invitation provided I submitted by application right when it opened and my application is solid? Thanks!
 
i'd like to know this too.... thanks
I think you might be talking about different things… Unless of course you do actually want to know when to expect interviews for residency positions… Do you? If so, why? You’ve got to be at least 4-5 years out before it actually matters…
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is what happens when premeds post in residency forums.
 
I have heard from residents that it took them at least a couple of weeks to hear anything. I will probably start freaking out in about 4 to 6!! Haha!😱
 
Within a month. It is exciting, but reflecting back I think I was overly excited and went on to many interviews. By the time interview season wrapped up, I was burned out and broke. I went on 8 interviews. I would recommend going on 5.
 
It all depends where you applied. Less competitive places generally send out more invites and earlier, some people have invites within a week of submitting the application.
Places that know they only need to interview 50-100 applicants bide their time, wait to see what their potential pool looks like before sending out most of their invites.

Like everyone else who as been through the process, you initially want any interview you can get, then get too many invites and cancel everything in the end as you grow tired of interviewing.