timeline for away rotations

Started by shamrock
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shamrock

New Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone please give me some guidance as far as setting up 4th year rotations in locations at which I'd like to do my residency? I am a 3rd year at TUNCOM in NV, and I am looking at Georgetown, GW, Hopkins, and Maryland. Thanks!
 
Everywhere is different, and with the VSAS system for some schools, the entire thing may be changing, but I startede looking Jan, Feb of M3 year and most applications were submitted late Mar-Apr. However, do not expect to hear anything for what seems like ages as most places take care of their own and do not let you know until June.
Good luck though, aways are exhausting, but if you wanna go some place specific or want a competitive specialty they are a necessary evil.
 
I submitted my apps for away rotations pretty early...around February or March of my MS-III year, IIRC (for an August and October away rotation).