To Defer Or Not To Defer

Started by yrtemotpo
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yrtemotpo

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I was wondering does anyone out there know of any schools that allow deferrment (e.g. to take a year off before starting school) after the school gave you an acceptance?
thanks
 
I think most schools will allow deferment if you have a good reason. I know that SUNY will allow you to defer for any reason as long as your OAT is 320 and your GPA is a certain amount (Don't know that amount). Differing probably won't be a big deal.
 
I actually had the same question. I have been admitted to UCBSO, and spoke to the dean of admissions about deferring due to family medical reason. Unfortunately, at UCBSO you cannot defer and would have to reaaply for the following year or whenever it is better time for you. However, the dean told me that he has seen this situation before and reaasured me that I would be able to work things out somehow if I needed to interrupt my schooling.