To drop or not to drop

Started by Survivior
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Survivior

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was taking total of 12 credit hours(3 classes) this quarter, but b/c of some family problems I didn't do well on 2 classes midterm and failed them. Now, if I keep the 2 classes, I will for sure end up with C or D. So, do you guys think I should keep the classes or drop the classes and save my gpa? Please, help me decide. I have already dropped a class last quarter and have gotten W for the grade. I know getting W will look bad on my transcript, but getting C or D will lower my gpa and also look bad. What should I do?🙁 Should I drop the classes?
 
probably drop them. what year are you? if you want in to a dschool you'll have to show that you can pull yourself up and out of this big time. starting next semester you'll need to be taking a good 15-18 credits until graduation AND do well to show you have what it takes. do you have time for that? and is dentistry what you really want?
 
i have a couple blemishes on my transcript, but i think schools appreciated the fact that i stuck out the course and aced it the 2nd time around! persistance pays...

jb!🙂
 
I was taking total of 12 credit hours(3 classes) this quarter, but b/c of some family problems I didn't do well on 2 classes midterm and failed them. Now, if I keep the 2 classes, I will for sure end up with C or D. So, do you guys think I should keep the classes or drop the classes and save my gpa? Please, help me decide. I have already dropped a class last quarter and have gotten W for the grade. I know getting W will look bad on my transcript, but getting C or D will lower my gpa and also look bad. What should I do?🙁 Should I drop the classes?

i would consider saving your gpa... if you have to drop, try to drop one. not 2.. see if you could work really hard to bring one up and maybe drop the other...good luck, i hope you figure it out