Trying to get into 6 Year Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PhatPharmer

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a senior in high school right now and I'm planning to apply to Northeastern University and UOP. I'm very interested in pursuing a career in pharmacy but I'm afraid I'll be denied admission to both of these schools. I have a 3.8 GPA but I tanked the SAT I the first time I took it (1500) but I recently took it again on October 4th and I'm also taking the ACT on the 25th in hopes of yielding a better score. I'm currently taking a Medical Occupations ROP class at my school and they'll be placing me in a pharmacy in January to gain some experience. Do I stand a chance? :scared:
 
I'm a senior in high school right now and I'm planning to apply to Northeastern University and UOP. I'm very interested in pursuing a career in pharmacy but I'm afraid I'll be denied admission to both of these schools. I have a 3.8 GPA but I tanked the SAT I the first time I took it (1500) but I recently took it again on October 4th and I'm also taking the ACT on the 25th in hopes of yielding a better score. I'm currently taking a Medical Occupations ROP class at my school and they'll be placing me in a pharmacy in January to gain some experience. Do I stand a chance? :scared:

Walk-in or call the admission office.
Don't need to identify yourself.
They (the admission office) are the ones that decide if you stand a chance.
 
Hey, I am a freshmen in college. And I going the six year route. I got accepted into Northeastern, but I decide to go to Rutgers. Other six year programs I got accepted into were USP, St. Johns, and Duquesne.

You can PM me for any questions you have?
 
You have a pretty competetive GPA, but is this weighte/unweighted? I think AP and honors classes help out a lot. Other than that I think you would be considered pretty competetive for UOP, esp. if you are able to raise your SAT.