Tufts Advice/Insight

Started by CADentGal
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CADentGal

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yesterday I received an invitation to interview at Tufts. This is my first invite! I'd greatly appreciate any advice and or insight on the school, or what I should highlight in the interview. 🙂
Here's the skinny on my application:
BA Human Biology, MA Sociology '09: Stanford
Doing stem cell research at Stanford
GPA:3.3 AA:20 PAT:26
Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interview experience was very laid back - I was interviewed by fourth year students. We basically had a conversation and I asked them about their experiences and they asked about mine. The school itself is stunningly beautiful - I loved the big windows and views of downtown boston. And the curriculum is very strong. I'm sure you will love the school.

But yeah bring a warm jacket ha ha especially as a Californian. Boston is a really quaint city despite the cold winters, I hope you have some time to explore it a bit.

Congratulations and best of luck at the interview 🙂
 
Yesterday I received an invitation to interview at Tufts. This is my first invite! I'd greatly appreciate any advice and or insight on the school, or what I should highlight in the interview. 🙂
Here's the skinny on my application:
BA Human Biology, MA Sociology '09: Stanford
Doing stem cell research at Stanford
GPA:3.3 AA:20 PAT:26
Thanks!

The interview was very conversational and it seemed that way for many of the other applicants that were there. One of interviewers I talked to was a Rutgers alum so we actually talked about college football for a good while.

Also, Tufts is semi-closed file. They won't have your GPA/DAT scores so focus on your research and I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck! 👍