• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

UAB Alternate List

nbharara

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2003
    Hey guys,

I have been waitlisted at UAB and I was wondering if anybody knows how far they usually get on it in the past years? Do you know if its all the way down to the middle one third, or just the top one third, or does it get to the beginning of the bottom one third?

Any info would be great. just thinking about my chances of getting off it!

Thanks!

meanderson

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Feb 24, 2003
      I'm thinking it is dependent on if you are in state or out of state. I don't think there is much movement on the instate waitlist. The out of state waitlist there is a lot of movement on I'm sure.

BamaFlip

10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Dec 12, 2001
        Oh contraire,

Our waitlist in recent years has had a decent amount of movement. If my recollection is correct, I believe you have a legitimate shot even if you are w/in the upper part of the second tier. As to how long movement persists, I have even heard of people getting in the week before orientation. Feel free to send them a letter of intent/update if you so choose to. If UAB is where you truly want to be, there is no reason that you shouldn't let the admissions office know it. Good luck with the process.

PSW

About the Ads

movingonup

7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Mar 7, 2004
          Hey, you know what's funny... I got a rejection from them today, but

I never filled out a 2ndary, nor sent in the application fee!!!

I thought I had withdrawn

I guess my application was so bad they just had to send me a rejection :(

nbharara

7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Jan 6, 2003
            Yeah I have also heard about how the waitlist moves all the way till the end. I had a friend who got in during orientation actually and he was at the top of the bottom one third of the waiting list. I am hoping their is a lot of movement this year! :)

coldchemist

Biowulf
            10+ Year Member
            15+ Year Member
            Jan 3, 2003
            UAB
            hrem.nci.nih.gov
            1. MD/PhD Student
              Originally posted by nbharara
              Yeah I have also heard about how the waitlist moves all the way till the end. I had a friend who got in during orientation actually and he was at the top of the bottom one third of the waiting list. I am hoping their is a lot of movement this year! :)

Was that for in-state or out-of-state?

nbharara

7+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Jan 6, 2003
                He said in early July he called and they told him that he was at the top of the bottom one third of the wait list. However, they didn't give him an exact position on the list.

Perrin

sittin in the morning sun
                15+ Year Member
                Apr 6, 2004
                The Porch
                1. Attending Physician
                  I know this is off topic but,

I am attending Mississippi State University and am a resident of Mississippi, but my parents live in Huntsville, AL. I really want to go to UAB and I was wondering if I could somehow let the admissions people know that I will be an Alabama resident if I am accepted at UAB. I've heard that it is really difficult to get in if you are out of state.

About the Ads
                  This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  7. This thread is locked.