UColorado In State Applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slopes23

Parlors & Poop Shoots
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, just wanted to get my chances to one school in particular. This would be for next cycle.

I would be applying June 1, to UColorado as an in state applicant.

My GPA: cum. 3.56 and sci 3.51 MCAT 33 - I did get one C in Physics I, but I got an A in Physics 2

Shadowing: 70 hrs with one doctor over 2 weeks, who wrote me a letter of rec.

Volunteer:Completed 60 hours on a medical mission trip to Costa Rica and Nicaragua and got to do a lot of hands on work - pap smears, vaccine injections, wound care, differential diagnosis, pre-natal care etc.
By the time I apply in June I expect to have added about 300-500 hours of volunteer at a hospital as well.

Research: I worked in a well known lab for 2 years doing full time in summers with over 1200 hours total time there (during school year it was volunteer or credit depending on the semester)

EC's: I am an IFR rated private pilot with 150 hours of flight time
Member of AMSA (if that matters)
I was a premed peer mentor for 2 years
I was a biology peer advisor for 2 years both were at the same time

Other than that I like long walks on the beach in the moonlight, and I don't listen to Elvis. Hah.

Anyways, I just wanted to see if this would be competitive for UColorado again as in-state applicant, and also get some feedback on where my biggest weak spots are and what I could do to improve.

Members don't see this ad.