-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCSF Waitlist 2014
Started by Fr0gg3r
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It's kind of hard to believe anyone wouldn't accept it, but I did read in the main thread that one guy was turning it down because of his gf.
I've also heard from some people that UCSF accepts more spots than they have? I thought that was only the case for UCSD. Anyway, I'll probably take this info with a grain of salt.
I've also heard from some people that UCSF accepts more spots than they have? I thought that was only the case for UCSD. Anyway, I'll probably take this info with a grain of salt.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good idea thanks for starting this thread!
thanks for starting the thread, im waitlisted too 🙁 i kinda hope may would come faster so I'll know where I rank...
It's kind of hard to believe anyone wouldn't accept it, but I did read in the main thread that one guy was turning it down because of his gf.
I also declined my UCSF acceptance.😱 Believe it or not, UCSF is not the be-all and end-all for everyone.
Any news??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i called to them to update my mailing address. they said hopefully by this weekend.
Thanks for the update. Anyone know if this happened?
I think its taken so long that most people don't really care what happens anymore. Although I'd like to wait, there's a lot of things I have to do for USC and the deadlines are fast approaching (2 weeks). I wonder what happened this year compared to last, they seem to be really behind on a lot of things.
I think its taken so long that most people don't really care what happens anymore. Although I'd like to wait, there's a lot of things I have to do for USC and the deadlines are fast approaching (2 weeks). I wonder what happened this year compared to last, they seem to be really behind on a lot of things.
True...I envision two scenarios. 1) Very few people declined their acceptances. UCSF has the policy of mailing more acceptances than spots, so if only a few people declined, they might actually not pull people off the waitlist (if at all) until right before school starts depending on whether some people didn't complete requirements or whatnot. 2) Too many people declined, and the adcom people are in the process of basically deciding who gets in. I'm more partial to the former, due to the caliber of the school, relatively low cost, rumors of over-saturation, etc. Just speculating though, hope it's not actually true.

Or they might just be really, really busy.
I think its taken so long that most people don't really care what happens anymore. Although I'd like to wait, there's a lot of things I have to do for USC and the deadlines are fast approaching (2 weeks). I wonder what happened this year compared to last, they seem to be really behind on a lot of things.
I didn't apply for UCSF but I'm on a wait list too. I totally agree. Now I just get everything set for the school I got accepted to. 😎
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 17
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 23
- Views
- 15K