UK pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TrjTraddie

Accepted!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering.... is it possible to study pharmacy in the UK and practice in the US? Would that degree be honored?
 
I wish. I was in Oxford, England this past summer, and I shadowed some pharmacists there. There system is completely different, like what it used to be here. I think they are called M.Pharm's there, and it is considered a Master's Degree program.
You probably could do it, I've heard of people going to other countries to practice pharmacy; they just start as interns again even though they've already completed their degrees

Let me know if you find out more info, I love England 🙂
 
I look into it a couple years ago and I think after finishing school there, you come back and take a foreign equivalency exam and if you do well on that then you have to intern for 6 months and then rock the NAPLEX exam to become registered.

There are a couple schools in London where you can start pharmacy school straight from high school! but they are crazyyyy expensive
 
I was just wondering.... is it possible to study pharmacy in the UK and practice in the US? Would that degree be honored?

Hey, I noticed it still says Pre-Pharmacy under your status. I thought you got accepted to somewhere this fall already?

Well, according to Wikipedia, it says that the University of Bradford, University of Portsmouth, and University of Derby are offering a PharmD program (includes 3 years of clinical practice + 2 years of research). They require applicants to be UK-registered pharmacists with a degree in pharmacy and have a diploma or MSc in Clinical Pharmacy or equivalent before pursuing a PharmD. Like others have posted here, you will have to take a foreign equivalency exam and go through much more hassles if you choose this route. 😕