-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UM-Flint
Started by hopefulapplicant
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!! I haven't heard anything from U of M yet but hopefully I will soon. Did you hear from them today?
No I heard from them a week ago. I heard that last year they didn't tell people until the last week of February? That's why I was confused when I got the call! Will you be at the open house?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The waiting game is awful =\ I hate it lol. But don't worry! How was the open house? Did they tell you a lot about the program and do a tour? I'm coming from Illinois and I have never been the the campus before.I was at the open house a few weeks ago and they said that they would send out acceptances starting in February. That's nice that you heard back from them already. The waiting game continues for me...
Yea the open house was pretty helpful. They did a tour of the PT department. They talked a lot about the curriculum but they also talked a lot about the admissions process, which you have already been through. It was nice though because there were a lot of current DPT students there to talk to and ask questions. Are you planning on going there in the fall?
Yea the open house was pretty helpful. They did a tour of the PT department. They talked a lot about the curriculum but they also talked a lot about the admissions process, which you have already been through. It was nice though because there were a lot of current DPT students there to talk to and ask questions. Are you planning on going there in the fall?
As of right now, I most likely will if I like the facilities and everything. However, I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools that are on the top of my list.
I'm in the same boat as most of you guys. I am sitting around waiting. I applied to Wayne State and got the interview, but if I get accepted to U of M I'll probably go there.
Hello everyone!
I was recently accepted into the UM-Flint DPT program, and I was wondering if anyone else had heard the good news??
Congratulations! Did you hear via email or phone call?
They called me around 11:00 Michigan time.Congratulations! Did you hear via email or phone call?
You should hear any day if you got accepted. I can 100% promise you it will be via phone call...(probably a 810 area code but cant guarantee that..haha). Most of the staff is in Vegas this week for Combined Sections Meeting for PT and won't return until the weekend, so if you haven't heard anything this week, don't fret because most of them are out of state right now. I didn't get my news until a week after V-Day last year!
Hello everyone, Ill be attending UM Flint DPT program this fall, very excited to get started. I was wondering if anyone will be commuting from around Lansing area...I know another guy that will be attending in the Fall but will be commuting from southwest of Lansing. He is looking for someone to carpool with.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone, Ill be attending UM Flint DPT program this fall, very excited to get started. I was wondering if anyone will be commuting from around Lansing area...I know another guy that will be attending in the Fall but will be commuting from southwest of Lansing. He is looking for someone to carpool with.
First of all, congrats!! I am confident your going to love it!!
Secondly, be prepared for that commute. I commuted from northern parts of Lansing at first...Everyone is different with what they can handle but I personally didn't handle the commute very well and was confident that I would. I also calculated the costs and discovered that commuting from northern parts of Lansing (which is closer to Flint) was going to cost about 2/3rds as much as living at Thornridge apartments before oil changes and potential repair costs. My car gets about 27 mpg... We do have a few people that handle commuting just fine however. I just want to prepare you though just in case. Your days are full with lots of studying and an hour each way does take a lot out of what you can do!
Third, get excited for base camp in the summer! Awesome way to break the ice with your classmates!
I'm excited for everyone! I'm a first year procrastinating for our final tomorrow. You guys are going to love the program
you blew my cover Schnelly