UNC question

Started by atsai3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

atsai3

Full Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those of you applying to UNC -- I took a look at the Web site and it indicates that a letter from the psych chair or chair-designee is required. How closely are they sticking to this rule? Have any of you contacted them about this? (What qualifies one as a 'designee'?)

Cheers
-AT.
 
I received an invite from UNC, and I do NOT have a letter from the psych. chair. I don't even have all of my psych. letter in yet; so, I think that the letters are not even necessary for invites--period!

Hope this helps,
mosche
 
mosche said:
I received an invite from UNC, and I do NOT have a letter from the psych. chair. I don't even have all of my psych. letter in yet; so, I think that the letters are not even necessary for invites--period!

Hope this helps,
mosche
Thanks mosche. Actually, I wouldn't expect that a chair letter would be necessary to receive an invitation. But I wonder if the chair letter is necessary for the application to be considered "complete". (I don't have a chair letter. So I want to avoid a situation in which I make arrangements to come out for an interview, only to find out on December 1st that they are not going to consider my application since my file does not contain a chair letter.)

Does that clarify my question?

Thanks
-AT.
 
atsai3 said:
Thanks mosche. Actually, I wouldn't expect that a chair letter would be necessary to receive an invitation. But I wonder if the chair letter is necessary for the application to be considered "complete". (I don't have a chair letter. So I want to avoid a situation in which I make arrangements to come out for an interview, only to find out on December 1st that they are not going to consider my application since my file does not contain a chair letter.)

Does that clarify my question?

Thanks
-AT.


Hi AT, I actually had a bit of discussion with the program over email. They do require that any publication copies be submitted and they do require a letter from the chair (thank God my letters are from my home school PD and from the chair of psych) - I don't think they were necessary for invite per se, but she did tell me that my application should be complete PRIOR to interview.

Hope this helps!
Poety