Undergrad Schedule

Started by DDS_mom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DDS_mom

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am having the most difficult time putting together my undergrad schedule and visualizing this timeline. I have taken Anatomy, Chem 1 & 2, and Trig (to be able to take calc in Fall). I was wondering if someone could post their undergrad schedules for me to compare? I feel like I'm going to be stuck in undergrad classes forever if I don't lock down a mock timeline. SOS!

Hannah
 
The UMKC undergrad degree I am working on is Bachelors in Biology with an emphasis on pre-dentistry Class Requirements for Degree

I will be working M-F during this time at a job with free daycare and amazing flexibility so I can leave whenever I need to for classes. I am very hesitant to do a heavier course load each semester because I would be missing more work (I don't get paid when I leave obviously). I think on my application it may be sufficient to show that I worked a full-time job and am a mom taking on these classes, but what do you guys think? I can 100% buckle down and take more credits if I need to, but definitely could use some advice. I made a mock schedule below of the classes that are required for the degree. Edit how you see fit.

Any advice on which classes to take together? With this schedule, when should I take the DAT and apply for dental school? Sorry for a million questions, just trying to be thorough! Edit schedule how you see fit. Open to any and all comments!

2019 Fall - 10 credits
General Bio 1 w/ Lab
Calc 1
Required transfer class

2020 Spring - 12 credits
Calc 2
General Bio 2 w/ lab
Organic Chem 1 w/ lab

2020 Summer - 6 credits
Discourse 300 (UMKC required class)
Cell Biology

2020 Fall - 12 credits
Organic Chem 2 w/ lab
Physics
Physiology

2021 Spring - 11 credits
Physics 2
Genetics
Developmental Biology

2021 Summer - 6 credits
Anchor 2 (UMKC required class)
Biochemistry

2021 Fall - 11 credits
Immunology
Histology
Microbiology

2022 Spring - 9 credits
Molecular Biology & Genetic Engineering
Anchor 3 (UMKC required class)
Biosynthesis class requirement
 
Here was my schedule from my entire undergrad. However, I was an engineering major.


My grade scale is with +/- and I have added semester hours (sh) and GPA for each semester. Also, each semester I took a seminar for engineering worth 1 - 2 sh and passed all of them.

High School - Dual Credit Courses
Engineering Design / A / 3 sh
Anatomy/Physiology with Lab / A / 4 sh
Business Credits / A / 6 sh
GPA from Community College - 4.00

Spring 2017 - Freshman 1st Semester
English / A / 4 sh
Calculus 1 / B / 4 sh
Chemistry 1 / B / 4 sh
Engineering Problem Solving / A- /3 sh
GPA - 3.40
Total GPA - 3.40

Summer 2017 - Summer 1
Spanish I / A / 5 sh
Spanish II / A / 5 sh
GPA - 4.00
Total GPA - 3.64

Fall 2017 - Freshman 2nd Semester
Matrix Algebra / A / 2 sh
Calculus 2 / C / 4 sh
Chemistry 2 / B / 4 sh
Physics 1 / B / 3 sh
Engineering Statics/ W / 2 sh
GPA - 2.93
Total GPA - 3.38

Spring 2018 - Sophomore 1st/2nd Semester
Accounting / A- / 3sh
Biology 1 / B / 4 sh
Psychology / B / 3 sh
Biostatistics / B+ /3 sh
Organic 1 / B+/ 3 sh
GPA - 3.25
Total GPA - 3.34

Summer 2018 - Summer 2
Biology 2/ B / 4 sh
Microeconomics / B / 4 sh
Differential Equations / B- / 3 sh
GPA - 2.91
Total GPA - 3.27

Fall 2018 - Junior 1st Semester
Engineering Statics / A- / 2sh
Organic Lab / B+ / 3 sh
Physics 2 / B / 3 sh
Cell Biology for Engineers / B / 3 sh
Organic 2 / A- / 3 sh
GPA - 3.29
Total GPA - 3.27

Spring 2019 - Junior 2nd Semester
Biomaterials and Biomechanics / A- / 4sh
Spectroscopic Methods in Organic Chemistry / B / 3 sh
Electrical Circuits / B / 3 sh
Human Physiology / B / 3 sh
Mechanics of Deformable Bodies / B- / 3 sh
GPA - 3.16
Total GPA - 3.25

Summer 2019 - Summer 3
Microbiology / A / 4 sh
Thermodynamics / A- / 3 sh
Biochemistry / C+ / 3 sh
Engineering Internship / S / 0 sh
GPA - 3.40
Total GPA - 3.27

Fall 2019 - Senior 1st Semester
Bioimaging and Bioinformatics / 4sh
3D Modeling / 3 sh
Senior Design 1 / 4 sh
Implant Design / 3 sh
Dynamics / 3 sh
Jewelry and Metal Arts / 3 sh
GPA - N/A
Total GPA - 3.27

Spring 2020 - Senior 2nd Semester
Fluid Mechanics / 4sh
Systems and Data Acquisition / 4 sh
Senior Design 2 / 4 sh
Materials Science / 3 sh
Hiking / 1 sh
GPA - N/A
Total GPA - 3.27

Overall GPA with Community College Credits - 3.31

Hope this helps you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here was my schedule from my entire undergrad. However, I was an engineering major.


My grade scale is with +/- and I have added semester hours (sh) and GPA for each semester. Also, each semester I took a seminar for engineering worth 1 - 2 sh and passed all of them.

High School - Dual Credit Courses
Engineering Design / A / 3 sh
Anatomy/Physiology with Lab / A / 4 sh
Business Credits / A / 6 sh
GPA from Community College - 4.00

Spring 2017 - Freshman 1st Semester
English / A / 4 sh
Calculus 1 / B / 4 sh
Chemistry 1 / B / 4 sh
Engineering Problem Solving / A- /3 sh
GPA - 3.40
Total GPA - 3.40

Summer 2017 - Summer 1
Spanish I / A / 5 sh
Spanish II / A / 5 sh
GPA - 4.00
Total GPA - 3.64

Fall 2017 - Freshman 2nd Semester
Matrix Algebra / A / 2 sh
Calculus 2 / C / 4 sh
Chemistry 2 / B / 4 sh
Physics 1 / B / 3 sh
Engineering Statics/ W / 2 sh
GPA - 2.93
Total GPA - 3.38

Spring 2018 - Sophomore 1st/2nd Semester
Accounting / A- / 3sh
Biology 1 / B / 4 sh
Psychology / B / 3 sh
Biostatistics / B+ /3 sh
Organic 1 / B+/ 3 sh
GPA - 3.25
Total GPA - 3.34

Summer 2018 - Summer 2
Biology 2/ B / 4 sh
Microeconomics / B / 4 sh
Differential Equations / B- / 3 sh
GPA - 2.91
Total GPA - 3.27

Fall 2018 - Junior 1st Semester
Engineering Statics / A- / 2sh
Organic Lab / B+ / 3 sh
Physics 2 / B / 3 sh
Cell Biology for Engineers / B / 3 sh
Organic 2 / A- / 3 sh
GPA - 3.29
Total GPA - 3.27

Spring 2019 - Junior 2nd Semester
Biomaterials and Biomechanics / A- / 4sh
Spectroscopic Methods in Organic Chemistry / B / 3 sh
Electrical Circuits / B / 3 sh
Human Physiology / B / 3 sh
Mechanics of Deformable Bodies / B- / 3 sh
GPA - 3.16
Total GPA - 3.25

Summer 2019 - Summer 3
Microbiology / A / 4 sh
Thermodynamics / A- / 3 sh
Biochemistry / C+ / 3 sh
Engineering Internship / S / 0 sh
GPA - 3.40
Total GPA - 3.27

Fall 2019 - Senior 1st Semester
Bioimaging and Bioinformatics / 4sh
3D Modeling / 3 sh
Senior Design 1 / 4 sh
Implant Design / 3 sh
Dynamics / 3 sh
Jewelry and Metal Arts / 3 sh
GPA - N/A
Total GPA - 3.27

Spring 2020 - Senior 2nd Semester
Fluid Mechanics / 4sh
Systems and Data Acquisition / 4 sh
Senior Design 2 / 4 sh
Materials Science / 3 sh
Hiking / 1 sh
GPA - N/A
Total GPA - 3.27

Overall GPA with Community College Credits - 3.31

Hope this helps you!
Wow. your undergrad offers implant design?