-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Program-Specific Info / Q's University of St. Augustine Austin Campus Spring Class Interviews?
Started by yankees27th
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just wondering if anyone has started hearing back regarding interviews for the USA Austin campus January start date.
Isn't applications not due until 8/15? My advisor told me that USA isn't rolling admissions anymore, so I'm guessing they're gonna wait until after the deadline when they've received all applications before sending out interview invites?
For the January class I believe the deadline was 6/15.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to the San Marcos Campus for MOT January 2018 and still haven't heard backJust wondering if anyone has started hearing back regarding interviews for the USA Austin campus January start date.
For the January class I believe the deadline was 6/15.
I applied through the OTCAS and the deadline for the MOT spring 2018 class was 8/15, which is super confusing because people that applied through the USA application their deadline was 6/15. I just submitted my OTCAS app to USA San Marcos on 8/14. I got an e-mail from my advisor saying "You can expect to hear a decision within the next several weeks. All decisions will be sent out via email" on 8/16.
did you apply for the MOT program?Hello! Just received my interview date. I applied for the San Marcos Campus, Spring 2018.
Really?! I had NO IDEA that they extended the deadline for Spring MOT to that dateI applied through the OTCAS and the deadline for the MOT spring 2018 class was 8/15, which is super confusing because people that applied through the USA application their deadline was 6/15. I just submitted my OTCAS app to USA San Marcos on 8/14. I got an e-mail from my advisor saying "You can expect to hear a decision within the next several weeks. All decisions will be sent out via email" on 8/16.
Congrats!!! if you don't mind, what were your statsGot an interview invitation to USA San Marcos MOT program on 9/08! Just got the e-mail yesterday
Congrats!!! if you don't mind, what were your stats
Thanks!! I'll message them to you
i applied to the summer MOT program that starts in may! i hope you all do well on your interview tomorrow! do you mind letting us know how the interview was like and what questions they asked? also if you guys could share your stats that would be great!
Does anyone know how the verification of of observation hours work?
I'm applying through OTCAS and it gives us a documentation tab where we can upload documents. I uploaded sign in sheets/or emails from the supervisor with an official header from the hospitals/clinics I volunteered at, stating I completed the signed hours with a signature from the OT I shadowed under.
I also made an account to apply through the USA website but it required us to do a observation hour form request so I decided to stick to OTCAS because some of my hours were done 2+ years ago. Did anyone applying to OTCAS do their observation documentation differently?
I'm applying through OTCAS and it gives us a documentation tab where we can upload documents. I uploaded sign in sheets/or emails from the supervisor with an official header from the hospitals/clinics I volunteered at, stating I completed the signed hours with a signature from the OT I shadowed under.
I also made an account to apply through the USA website but it required us to do a observation hour form request so I decided to stick to OTCAS because some of my hours were done 2+ years ago. Did anyone applying to OTCAS do their observation documentation differently?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i applied to the summer MOT program that starts in may! i hope you all do well on your interview tomorrow! do you mind letting us know how the interview was like and what questions they asked? also if you guys could share your stats that would be great!
They do group interviews with groups of 2-4. I had 4 people and one faculty member. She was the head of the OT department and honestly so chill/funny. In the beginning it was more like an interview and she asked about 4-5 questions - super typical ones like why do you want to be an OT, tell me about your observation hours, etc. Then towards the end she asked if we had any questions for her, and it became more of a conversation. She even told us funny stories that happened at the school with her previous students. There's nothing to be nervous about, good luck!
I got an e-mail today stating I've been accepted to the Spring Jan 2018 San Marcos MOT program. Anyone else? 🙂
I received my acceptance for the Spring '18 OTD program today! I will see you all in January
Last edited:
I got my email too! Do you know if there's a FB group yet?I got an e-mail today stating I've been accepted to the Spring Jan 2018 San Marcos MOT program. Anyone else? 🙂
I have seen a FB group for the DPT class. But none for OT in general.I got my email too! Do you know if there's a FB group yet?
I got my email too! Do you know if there's a FB group yet?
How long was it between your interview and acceptance? Waiting to hear back from Austin but I know San Marcos started interviews earlier.
How long was it between your interview and acceptance? Waiting to hear back from Austin but I know San Marcos started interviews earlier.
At the interview, they told us that we'd hear back between 1-2 weeks. I interviewed on Friday 9/8 and got my acceptance on 9/20 Wednesday.
I'm also wondering about a FB page - maybe we can just start one? That's what the DPT students seem to be doing
At the interview, they told us that we'd hear back between 1-2 weeks. I interviewed on Friday 9/8 and got my acceptance on 9/20 Wednesday.
I'm also wondering about a FB page - maybe we can just start one? That's what the DPT students seem to be doing
Thanks. The Austin campus said it would take 3 weeks.
Hello did you receive an invitation to interview for MOT in Austin?Thanks. The Austin campus said it would take 3 weeks.
Hello did you receive an invitation to interview for MOT in Austin?
Yeah interviewed 9/15 and got accepted almost three weeks later.
I got an interview on 10/20/2017, just curios I'm anxious to know.Yeah interviewed 9/15 and got accepted almost three weeks later.
Do you happen to know how many have gotten accepted For spring?I got an interview on 10/20/2017, just curios I'm anxious to know.
Do you happen to know how many have gotten accepted For spring?
No idea. Haven't spoken to anyone else who's been accepted and haven't seen anything on fb groups or anything.
I had my interview last Friday only nin interviewed two of them were there for the OTD. Idk if they are doing more interviews. Just being a little anxious about the wait.No idea. Haven't spoken to anyone else who's been accepted and haven't seen anything on fb groups or anything.
I also interviewed on 10/20 for the MOT program & haven’t heard back anything either.... I know they said three weeks but i’m starting to get nervous
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was it for the austin campus?I also interviewed on 10/20 for the MOT program & haven’t heard back anything either.... I know they said three weeks but i’m starting to get nervous
yes it wasWas it for the austin campus?
I'll keep you posted whenever I receive my email! Good luck!!yes it was
okay I’ll do the same! & thanks good luck to you too!!I'll keep you posted whenever I receive my email! Good luck!!
Did you get accepted?If you interviewed in Austin on 10/20 for the January start check your portal!
what if we applied through OTCAS? do you know if we should still have a portal set up? because if so I have no idea what mine is/was never told anything about a portal during the interview.... #helppppppppppIf you interviewed in Austin on 10/20 for the January start check your portal!
I applied through OTCAS, but made a portal as if I were going to submit through the USA website.what if we applied through OTCAS? do you know if we should still have a portal set up? because if so I have no idea what mine is/was never told anything about a portal during the interview.... #helpppppppppp
Yes!!!Did you get accepted?

jw were you instructed to do that ? i’m freaking out because I haven’t received anything in my inbox 🙁I applied through OTCAS, but made a portal as if I were going to submit through the USA website.
I was never instructed to. I had made my portal previously, but when OTCAS opened I ended up submitting everything through there instead for simplicity. I have not received my official email, but my admission decision in the portal has changed and I have an acceptance letter there.jw were you instructed to do that ? i’m freaking out because I haven’t received anything in my inbox 🙁
Last edited:
oh I gotcha. dang well thank you for letting me know all this & congrats on getting accepted!! fingers crossed I hear something soon too & will (hopefully) be joining you in SpringI was never instructed to. I had made my prortal previously, but when OTCAS opened I ended up submitting everything through there instead for simplicity. I have not received my official email, but my admission decision in the portal has changed and I have an acceptance letter there.
Fingers crossed. Keep us posted!oh I gotcha. dang well thank you for letting me know all this & congrats on getting accepted!! fingers crossed I hear something soon too & will (hopefully) be joining you in Spring
I got in!!!!!Fingers crossed. Keep us posted!

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yay congratulations!!!!!I got in!!!!!![]()

Congrats!!!!I got in!!!!!![]()

what were your stats for the ones that got accepted if you don't mind me asking? CONGRATS!!!
what were your stats for the ones that got accepted if you don't mind me asking? CONGRATS!!!
University: University of Houston*
Major: Psychology; Minor: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.78 (OTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.93
GRE: V:147 Q: 154 AW: 4 **
Extra-Curric: I am/was a member of the Physical Therapy and Occupational Society, Psi Chi, National Society of Leadership and Success, and Allied Health Professions Society all at the University of Houston. I have worked as a tutor for statistics and various psychology classes and I was invited to work as lab assistant in the A&P labs while at LSC. Since high school, I have taught ballet and worked as the Children’s Ministry intern and a summer camp director at my church, both of which I continued to do throughout college.
Volunteer: I volunteered regularly at a center for adults with physical and mental disabilities as well as at my church teaching Sunday school and weekly bible studies.
Observation Hours: 98 hrs. Inpatient TBI & stroke: 33 hrs; Subacute/outpatient pediatric hand therapy: 40hrs; School (age 2-22 y/o) 25 hrs.
Applied: ACU, TTUHSC, UTHSCSA, UTMB, TWU, USA-Austin, ATSU, MWU-Glendale
Interviews: ATSU 9/22, MWU 9/25, TTUHSC 10/13, USA 10/20
Acceptances: USA-Austin (Spring 2018)
Rejections:
My LOR were from the OT at the school (my other OT letter got derailed by hurricane Harvey), my A&P I professor, and one from each of my supervisors at my respective jobs. While my observation hours are on the lower side, I think it helps that I was exposed a lot as a patient, which gives me a different perspective (I go into detail about all this in my personal statement). Within the last 7 years I have worked with multiple CHTs to regain full use of my arm and hand on 3 separate occasions, and as a result I was drawn to OT. This is my first time applying as I am still finishing my degree and will graduate in December. I submitted all of my apps 7/31 and they were verified 8/4. My last LOR was submitted 8/26. I had originally applied to USA for fall 2018.
*My degree will be conferred by the University of Houston but I transferred a bit during undergrad. Here's the breakdown of where my classes were completed: 52% U of H, 38% Lone Star College (LSC), & 10% Baylor
**I was planning on retaking the GRE in March/April 2018 if things didn’t work out this round since it’s pretty mediocre
University: University of Houston*
Major: Psychology; Minor: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.78 (OTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.93
GRE: V:147 Q: 154 AW: 4 **
Extra-Curric: I am/was a member of the Physical Therapy and Occupational Society, Psi Chi, National Society of Leadership and Success, and Allied Health Professions Society all at the University of Houston. I have worked as a tutor for statistics and various psychology classes and I was invited to work as lab assistant in the A&P labs while at LSC. Since high school, I have taught ballet and worked as the Children’s Ministry intern and a summer camp director at my church, both of which I continued to do throughout college.
Volunteer: I volunteered regularly at a center for adults with physical and mental disabilities as well as at my church teaching Sunday school and weekly bible studies.
Observation Hours: 98 hrs. Inpatient TBI & stroke: 33 hrs; Subacute/outpatient pediatric hand therapy: 40hrs; School (age 2-22 y/o) 25 hrs.
Applied: ACU, TTUHSC, UTHSCSA, UTMB, TWU, USA-Austin, ATSU, MWU-Glendale
Interviews: ATSU 9/22, MWU 9/25, TTUHSC 10/13, USA 10/20
Acceptances: USA-Austin (Spring 2018)
Rejections:
My LOR were from the OT at the school (my other OT letter got derailed by hurricane Harvey), my A&P I professor, and one from each of my supervisors at my respective jobs. While my observation hours are on the lower side, I think it helps that I was exposed a lot as a patient, which gives me a different perspective (I go into detail about all this in my personal statement). Within the last 7 years I have worked with multiple CHTs to regain full use of my arm and hand on 3 separate occasions, and as a result I was drawn to OT. This is my first time applying as I am still finishing my degree and will graduate in December. I submitted all of my apps 7/31 and they were verified 8/4. My last LOR was submitted 8/26. I had originally applied to USA for fall 2018.
*My degree will be conferred by the University of Houston but I transferred a bit during undergrad. Here's the breakdown of where my classes were completed: 52% U of H, 38% Lone Star College (LSC), & 10% Baylor
**I was planning on retaking the GRE in March/April 2018 if things didn’t work out this round since it’s pretty mediocre
Your stats are killer! No wonder you got in! 🙂 Congrats!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 614
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K