UOP Tips

Started by keepitup
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

keepitup

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
I really love to go to UOP and my experience as its patient was the reason why I wanted to pursue dentistry. Can you tell me how I can get accepted into UOP when I reapply ? Thanks
BA BIology
Overall 2.97
last 2 years 3.25
av 20, sa 21, pat 19
 
ur stats may be a bit below avg for uop.. so u can try retaking dat's. another way is to ask a rich relative of yours to make a substantial donation.
 
food4thots said:
ur stats may be a bit below avg for uop.. ask a rich relative of yours to make a substantial donation.

Amen to that. UOPs admissions seem like the most random of any school out there. Try for a 22AA, 20 PAT. I think you're borderline right now. Another possibility is go to visit the school a few times and talk to admissions people and hopefully they will remember you when you reapply. Kiss their a** and it might just work or if you know a student have them put in a good word for you to the Dean of Admissions. In fact, I would e-mail the Dean of Admissions if you don't get in this year and ask for a meeting one on one so that you could discuss how to improve yourself. These are the kinds of things that actually will work at this school. This is not only a what you know, but who you know type of school, so I've heard. Good luck.