This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DReamer9000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm a current applicant myself and had roughly the same decision to make. I chose UNE COM primarily because I'm from the northeast with strong personal ties to Maine and I appreciate the emphasis that UNE COM places on serving the local community, which is where I want to end up in the long run. I'm also unapologetically LGBT and the idea of going to a christian school in a potentially conservative area for four years just didn't sit well haha. HOWEVER I've heard that Campbell is a very open-minded sort of religious institution and I had a great interview experience there! I'm totally confident that I would have been happy going there if I hadn't gotten into UNE. I believe Campbell has lower tuition and COL so that's definitely something to think about as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Both good schools; I've been very impressed with CUSOM match list. No mean feat for a new school. The only concern I have is the mandatory lecture attendance. Adult learners know better than Faculty on how to best learn the material.

I'd pick the school with the cheapest tuition.

@mel0099 one caveat for LGBT students is that while the school might be welcoming, the local communities might not. Best to inquire in the school-specific thread about this.

Reactions: 2 users