Urgent! PCAT

Started by tigos
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tigos

Tigos
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys I need your advise. Do you think someone can study hard all materials on their own and have a great PCAT score (90+) without taking the required pre-pharmacy courses?
I appreciate your help!
 
Thanks for replying delano2000. By "without taking the pre-reqs" I meant no Gen Chem 1&2, no Bio, no O-Chem, no Microbiology, all those courses; to study them on your own 😏
 
Thanks for replying delano2000. By "without taking the pre-reqs" I meant no Gen Chem 1&2, no Bio, no O-Chem, no Microbiology, all those courses; to study them on your own 😏


Umm, that I am not sure about. That's gonna be a lot of reading/studying that you will have to do on your own. That sounds like overkill to me. Why not wait until you have the majority of the core pre-reqs completed before taking the test?:idea: I mean there is absolutely no way that you are gonna get accepted to any pharmacy school without completing the pre-reqs anyway.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I know man, the thing is, I was planning to apply for the 2011 fall term; write PCAT January 2011, take Gen Chem 1, Gen Bio 1, (I have some maths courses already) during the 2011 winter term...and while at it do some volunteering in a pharmacy. I mean I've heard some students are admitted when they're missing some pre-reqs...
Does anyone think my plan is... "do-able"??😕
 
Yeah I know man, the thing is, I was planning to apply for the 2011 fall term; write PCAT January 2011, take Gen Chem 1, Gen Bio 1, (I have some maths courses already) during the 2011 winter term...and while at it do some volunteering in a pharmacy. I mean I've heard some students are admitted when they're missing some pre-reqs...
Does anyone think my plan is... "do-able"??😕


Did you mean that you are planning to apply for the 2012 cycle or the current cycle?

People have gotten accepted with a few of the core pre-reqs still missing, not with 3/4 missing though.