USC MD/PhD Program Application

Started by kgboy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kgboy

s2k fanatic
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

The additional questions for MD/PhD applicant on USC's secondary application says "Briefly describe your reasons for pursuing a combined MD/PhD degree and your most relevant research scholarly experiences that have influenced your decision."

I have already written these responses in the MD/PhD essay in the primary application. Should I simply write "refer to the MD/PhD essay in the primary app" or copy and paste that essay here?

I can try to write a new essay for this, but it will have the same content anyway because I already answered that question before. Any ideas?

Thanks.
 
I didn't apply to USC but this is a commonly seen question in many secondaries. Do not say "refer to primary." And don't just copy and paste. Write another essay along the same lines, but word it a bit differently. Actually, now that I think about it, I did a lot of copying and pasting. So maybe that's ok.
 
this is too late to be useful, but I applied to USC a few months ago and I just basically rewrote my main essay...

BTW, theres a good review at http://www.geocities.com/mdphdpgm
to read up on before your interview

gwang said:
I didn't apply to USC but this is a commonly seen question in many secondaries. Do not say "refer to primary." And don't just copy and paste. Write another essay along the same lines, but word it a bit differently. Actually, now that I think about it, I did a lot of copying and pasting. So maybe that's ok.