USC physics prepharm requirements changed?

Started by subandrew1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

subandrew1

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it me, or has anyone else noticed USC requires only 1 semester of physics now. From what I remember, it was always 1 year (2sem/3quart). Does anyone know how long this change has been implemented? Im wondering because I'm currently in the TAP program and according to TAP requirements (website), 2 semesters of physics are required, and some other TAP students are confused whether or not the TAP requirements haven't been updated. If this change is universal for both regular application and TAP, I think it can save the TAP students an extra 4 units to finish up the major reqs. Any input would be great. Thanks
 
Is it me, or has anyone else noticed USC requires only 1 semester of physics now. From what I remember, it was always 1 year (2sem/3quart). Does anyone know how long this change has been implemented? Im wondering because I'm currently in the TAP program and according to TAP requirements (website), 2 semesters of physics are required, and some other TAP students are confused whether or not the TAP requirements haven't been updated. If this change is universal for both regular application and TAP, I think it can save the TAP students an extra 4 units to finish up the major reqs. Any input would be great. Thanks

Probably not the input you were looking for, but don't you have advisers on main campus for that? I suppose talking to Jim Granderson's office or Peter Dean would be another way to go.
 
Yes, they have changed it to just one semester of physics. I was informed when I went to the open house in April 2009. They are also accepting applications from students with a bachelors degree only.