USC vs. UCSF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ucsdbrighty

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UCSF pros-good location next to shops and retail stores, #1 pharm school, much cheaper than USC, excellent on resume
cons- ???

USC- pro- MBA/Pharm D
cons- cost way too much $30,000+ car + parking+ rent=$60,000 / per year, located in getto area therefore I will be forced to commute at least 1hr each way.


Anything one want to add any pros and cons that I might have missed.
 
UCSF - expensive housing but school fees are cheaper so it balances out. Might still come out to be cheaper than USC (not sure).

I think USC has a bigger class, so more connections (if they matter).

I don't know anything about differences between both programs, eg curriculum, grading, etc.