• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

UWSA2 220 2 weeks out, need a >230

pre med 2014

5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2012
  1. Medical Student
    thanks for the tidbit of reassurance, I will take an NBME in about a week I'm just scared I'll score like in the low 200's or something (instead of making progress up to 230 which is the ideal outcome if I work on my weak areas for next 7 days). I'm scared since uwsa is supposed to over predict and the curve is extremely lenient 64% was a 220 whereas anything below 75% is a fail on nbme's since they changed the grading scale

About the Ads

pre med 2014

5+ Year Member
    Jan 2, 2012
    1. Medical Student
      Well I guess uwsa does overpredict

Nbme 19: 205

I am so demotivated right now just when I thought all my hard work was finally starting to pay off (due to ok uwsa scores) I get hit with a low nbme. There is no way I will hit 230, what do I do now exam is in 9 days?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

pre med 2014

5+ Year Member
      Jan 2, 2012
      1. Medical Student
        Alright what you guys recommend I do? Nbme 18: 213

It says I'm weak on msk GI and CVS
        Says I'm good on renal and endocrine but these are the 2 sections I still have left to do my final passes on in FAP, if I don't move my exam back do I do renal and endo for completeness sake/my psychological need to go through everything twice

or do I go on to my weak areas even though I just literally went over msk

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.