Vet magazines

Started by smilesoup
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

smilesoup

Tufts V15
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My pre-veterinary club at college is trying to get funding for a subscription to one or two veterinary magazines, but we don't really know where to start looking. Any titles you'd recommend?
 
I second DVM. Also, there's Veterinary Practice News which is similar to DVM and Veterinary Medicine, which is a peer-reviewed magazine thats a bit more technical but still pretty easy to read.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Third vote for DVM (Student subscriptions are only about $20). I also really like my vet's old JAVMA's for interesting scientific articles.
 
I second Veterinary Economics and DVM mag. I personally find JAVMA to be a little dense for me, and would not recommend it as much.
 
So these things had me wondering before but...

DVM News costs $20 for the student subscription
(and apparently takes 6-8 weeks to process your request)

Veterinary Medicine costs $30 for the student subscription
(and apparently takes 2-4 weeks to process your request)

These are both from the same company.