Video Games Addiction

Started by pjmrg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pjmrg

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi, well thanks for reading this and thanks for answering, i have a presentation about vidio games addiction and comorbidity, but i cant find nice reviews about this topic, wich i find really frustrating, please if you could direct me where to find some i would REALLY appreciate.

Since its my first time writing something here i apologyze if i am not supposed to ask for things like this here.

Thanks for the answers

Paulo
 
This is a really nice clinical case report from a few months ago. I recall them mentioning in the discussion that there is not much research in the area. Good-luck!


Sara E. Allison, Lisa von Wahlde, Tamra Shockley, and Glen O. Gabbard
The Development of the Self in the Era of the Internet and Role-Playing Fantasy Games
American Journal of Psychiatry 2006 163: 381-385
 
Thanks Man! this case is really nice, i found that there is not much information in the topic, in my country there is a lot of no scientific discussion, but nobody can tell how this really affects children and adolescentes.}


Thanks Again

Paulo
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro02/web2/mschlimme.html

and
http://www.theparentreport.com/resources/ages/preteen/kids_culture/130.html

I tell ya what I would join VGA in a heart beat! When I start playing my PC games... I've notice that I can play up to several hours and not know the time that I spend on there until it's too late. It gets so bad few times that I can start playing the game around 8PM EST... then decide to call it quits around 4 to 6 AM EST.

Whats scary is that it can even cause death..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4137782.stm
 
pjmrg said:
Thanks Man! this case is really nice, i found that there is not much information in the topic, in my country there is a lot of no scientific discussion, but nobody can tell how this really affects children and adolescentes.}


Thanks Again

Paulo

Try a search on video game addiction and other addictive behaviors.

A friend of mine did her Fulbright research in this area, and last I heard was finding that heavy video game usage by adolescents may be a predictor of compulsive gambling in adulthood, specifically video poker addiction.
 
Anuwolf said:
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro02/web2/mschlimme.html

and
http://www.theparentreport.com/resources/ages/preteen/kids_culture/130.html

I tell ya what I would join VGA in a heart beat! When I start playing my PC games... I've notice that I can play up to several hours and not know the time that I spend on there until it's too late. It gets so bad few times that I can start playing the game around 8PM EST... then decide to call it quits around 4 to 6 AM EST.

Whats scary is that it can even cause death..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4137782.stm

Yeah man happens the same to me! lol