-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
View Source on AADSAS, Offer Made?!??!?!
Started by ElectraOnAzalea
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ditto 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine says offer made as well, and I'm pretty sure it was blank earlier...I wonder if I could be any more nervous about this weekend?
So i was doing the view source thing on aadsas, and under Nova it now says "Offer Made".
Where's this view source at? Is that different than the "Status" section of AADSAS?
Where's this view source at? Is that different than the "Status" section of AADSAS?
With Internet Explorer, just right click in the "Status" section (where all the updates just disappeared) and click on view source. A bunch of code pops up in a new window, and after a few seconds you can make sense of it all.
Where's this view source at? Is that different than the "Status" section of AADSAS?
Originally Posted by ajam
I can actually help on this one - this came up last year. If you right click on the page in AADSAS...
for Internet Explorer, click "View source"
for Firefox, go to "This Frame" -> click on "View Frame Source"
for Safari, I think it's "View source"
Anyhow, if you scroll a bit in the window that pops up, you'll find the information that (ostensibly) disappeared is actually still there -- it's just hidden from view now. Last year, AADSAS used this hiding feature to put the date of last update for a particular school (thread here).
It looks like this year what we are seeing could be a glitch, or a way to 'show' the history of updates on a certain school. Hard to say why they do things this way. Hope this helps!
has anyone heard from other schools besides nova? specifically minnesota 🙂
Strange. Results aren't supposed to be released until after Dec 1st. Look's like AADSAS may have screwed up something again. Congrats for those who got in. If you haven't heard from schools yet, don't worry. Doesn't really mean much at this point in the game.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone heard from other schools besides nova? specifically minnesota 🙂
Mine still says INVITED FOR INTERVIEW for Minnesota. Do you know how MN contacts people for acceptances?
Sounds like Ohio Nova and VCU did this last year... Do you think that Ohio will do it again?! I sure hope so!
can you see this regularly or only when you click view source?.... if you can't see it regularly, it just shows that ppl are good with the internet, not necessarily that info was leaked early
T
toothfairy85
I was accepted to Nova last year on December 1st, and my AADSAS was never updated to offer made.
Thats nice to know!
It was added yesterday afternoon/evening. As was mentioned earlier or elsewhere, Nova sends letters to arrive Nov 30th, so they obviously have made the decisions a while ago.can you see this regularly or only when you click view source?.... if you can't see it regularly, it just shows that ppl are good with the internet, not necessarily that info was leaked early
Also, AADSAS cleared all of the statuses from normal view, but you can see them just the way they were on the page source before they were cleared.
I've got an "offer made" under Tufts University!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ugh my status at tufts changed from Interview back to Under review. does this mean im waitlisted? i wouldnt be pissed about that if it hadnt been for the guy interviewing me saying "congratulations, you are basically already in" 😡
Last year mine said "Wait List" after I was waitlisted - give it time they're probably still updating the system.
Should I be looking only for acceptances and rejections over the next few days or are interviews also granted during this time?
Thanks!
Thanks!
If your status changes to back under review, it does NOT mean you are waitlisted. It just means they are still considering you for acceptance.
Its gone now. AADSAS took off everything couple hours ago.
What is this "view source" thing?
Also I have nothing under status. Am I the only one with this?
You view the html webpage code. Within the code are hidden messages that do not appear on the actual webpage. The trick's to blur your eyes. You'll eventually see "Offer Made."
all i see is a sailboat
That's 2 years into practice. Boats come after hard work. I see a broken piggy bank.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just checked and mine is gone too..🙁🙁🙁
oh, man!
it's all gone!!!
no more 'view source' cheating!
We all have to wait for several hours to find out now. 🙁
Hey did anyone get "offer made" on AADSAS but still hasn't gotten a letter? Is it too soon to celebrate?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 783
yippeee! hurrah!