Volunteer at library

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Socolaphile

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am taking a gap year to improve on GPA. I have over 100+ hours of shadowing and 50+ hours volunteering at dental/health fairs. Now, I would like to volunteer at my local library during my gap year because I am an avid reader and love to spend time around books.
I understand that dental schools like to see you're giving back to the community. The 50+ hours of volunteering that I did was at underserved community, would it be okay for me to volunteer at the library now? Then volunteer at the health fairs a few times during the year. Or should I just volunteer at the hospital?

Thank you.