Volunteer work and Pharm Tech

Started by chaunguyen
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chaunguyen

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think it is important factor to do some volunteer work or work as an Pharm tech? Couple years ago, I did some volunteer work but not much, and I don't have any working experience as a Pharm tech. However, I has spent 20 hours a week doing research for the past 2 years. Do you think that'll help? Thanks.
 
Last edited:
The research experience is good, but practical experience in a pharmacy would also look very good on an app. Even if you can only pick up a few hours a week, I would try to get a job as a pharm tech.
 
I agree...you never really know if you want to be a pharmacist until you work in pharmacy. Get some tech experience...it will definitely help you out.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree...you never really know if you want to be a pharmacist until you work in pharmacy. Get some tech experience...it will definitely help you out.

Agreed. I still dont see how people want to be a pharmacist without ever stepping foot in a pharmacy. No disrespect, its just not a field that I feel you could read about and just love.