volunteer

Started by ASuw
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ASuw

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I did high school internationally and so i never had to do any volunteer work but since i am applying to pharmacy school over here, I have a question regarding volunteer work. I want to volunteer at a pharmacy so shall i just go to any local pharmacy and ask to volunteer?
or volunteering in a hospital pharmacy would be better?

thanks in advance 🙂
 
Hi everyone,

I did high school internationally and so i never had to do any volunteer work but since i am applying to pharmacy school over here, I have a question regarding volunteer work. I want to volunteer at a pharmacy so shall i just go to any local pharmacy and ask to volunteer?
or volunteering in a hospital pharmacy would be better?

thanks in advance 🙂

This topic has been covered many times. Try searching for some helpful information.

To answer your question, try going to independent pharmacies for volunteer work. They are more likely to let you shadow than most major chains. Where you volunteer depends on your interests. I think you will learn more by working for a hospital, but retail experience is just as good if you are interested in the retail aspect of pharmacy.

Dress nicely and walk into those pharmacy settings and ask for a manager. Bring a resume and tell them your plans to pursue a career in pharmacy. Good luck!