Volunteering while working full time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nostalgiaultra

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it absolutely necessary to volunteer to get into a pharmacy school is i am already working full time as a pharmacy technician and going to school? I'm confused about that part. I'm learning about the profession on the job so should I also volunteer as well in my little spare time?
 
From what I've heard and seen, it doesn't seem like volunteering is *required*, but it does help to have volunteering experience. A friend of mine didn't have any time for extracurricular clubs because she was also working fulltime, but she was able to volunteer a few hours a week at the hospital and she successfully received several offers of admission.