VSAS silent rejection

Started by kabooya
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kabooya

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to a bunch of programs for July-October on VSAS, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm mainly concerned for my July month since it is only 2 weeks away. Do programs "silent reject" on VSAS? Or are they required to give a response by a certain time? Should I be looking at other options at this point??

Thanks
 
I applied to a bunch of programs for July-October on VSAS, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm mainly concerned for my July month since it is only 2 weeks away. Do programs "silent reject" on VSAS? Or are they required to give a response by a certain time? Should I be looking at other options at this point??

Thanks
Sounds a little suspect. However, I had one rotation I hadn't heard from, even though they were past their VSAS "begin processing apps" date, so I emailed the coordinator and just asked when I might expect a decision. Got accepted 45 minutes later. So that is definitely an option worth pursuing.