W IN NONPREREQ CLASS

Started by koh1995
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

K

koh1995

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey everyone!

i am currently enrolled in general physics I (non calc based) and it is really hard. i am almost certain I failed my first test. I want to eventually go to Roseman Pharmacy School in Nevada and they do not require physics as a prereq. How bad will it be to drop this class and get a W and not ever retake it? Will it hurt me in any way because it is not a prereq to their school or will it effect me negatively and look bad? it will be my only w (at the moment, hopefully this trend doesnt continue) please let me know.
thank you.
 
I got into medical school with 3 Ws on my transcript, one of which was a prereq. I'm sure you'll be fine getting into a pharmacy school, especially with the decreased competition nowadays.
 
I have a bunch of w's and got interviews to every school I applied to and accepted to every school I interviewed at. Quit whining or just retake it. That school isn't that great anyways and many others do require physics.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you are enrolled in physics that is non-calc based then it is most likely basic physics not general physics. Secondly, many students re-take that class as that is a "weed-out" class along with organic chem. So definitely re-take it next semester since you need it for many other pharm schools.
 
If you think you can get a B or C I'd finish the class, otherwise you are limiting yourself to one school which probably isn't a good idea since most schools require physics
 
hey everyone!

i am currently enrolled in general physics I (non calc based) and it is really hard. i am almost certain I failed my first test. I want to eventually go to Roseman Pharmacy School in Nevada and they do not require physics as a prereq. How bad will it be to drop this class and get a W and not ever retake it? Will it hurt me in any way because it is not a prereq to their school or will it effect me negatively and look bad? it will be my only w (at the moment, hopefully this trend doesnt continue) please let me know.
thank you.

Read my other thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...oping-to-get-lucky-please-reconsider.1068100/

If you are struggling with physics I of all courses, especially non calculus type, you likely NOT want to pursue pharmacy.